The new coronavirus has swept over our nation swifter than anyone would have thought months, or even weeks ago. Fortunately, there are still several things you can do to ensure you do not spread the disease or contract it. Please continue reading to learn more about the coronavirus and the measures you can take to prevent it from entering your home, as per recommendation by the CDC. They are as follows:
- Wash your hands consistently and thoroughly. This means washing them for at least 20 seconds using warm water and soap. If you do not have soap on hand, keep in mind that alcohol-based hand sanitizer also works to efficiently kill viral germs. If you are going out in public, try and always keep sanitizer or wipes on hand.
- Observe social distancing very strictly. There are few things more critical in keeping you and your family safe and preventing the spread of the virus than ensuring you are at least three feet away from everyone you come in contact with. Additionally, many people are now self-quarantining and avoiding going out altogether. This is something you should strongly consider, especially if you can work remotely.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, ensure you do so into your elbow, as the virus spreads by droplets through the air. This is a critical part of ensuring you do not unknowingly spread the virus.
- Since the virus spreads by droplets, if you touched a surface with droplets on it, you must avoid touching your face. Touching your face can cause the virus to enter your body via your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with the new coronavirus, such as a cough, fever, runny nose, or pneumonia, contact your local health authority and get the latest information about testing and the next step forward.
We understand that these are uncertain times, however, the best thing you can do is keep a positive attitude and remain calm. We will get through it together.